Move Buddies record for safe transport and delivery is among the industry’s best. But if you experience delay, damage, or loss, we’ll resolve the issue swiftly and fairly. With Move Buddies, you get a commitment that extends to every aspect of our service. We work hard so you are satisfied with your move. We want you to call us the next time you are moving. And we hope you will recommend us to your family and friends.
A brief recap of how your claim will be processed:
A claim form MUST be submitted within 9 months of your delivery date. No claims can be processed without completing the claim form.
Need help submitting the claim? Call 1-800-499-4977 and ask to speak with someone in Claims Processing.
Please do not dispose or repair any damaged items until instructed to do so by Move Buddies.
Depending on your coverage level selected before your move begins:
- For Full Replacement Value claims: An on site valuation may be needed. Then compensation for repairs or replacement of actual value will be made.
- For Interstate and South Carolina or Georgia minimum valuation claims. Claims will be processed on a per case basis within 14 days based on weight or maximum coverage amounts.
- For claims through a third party insurance coverage: Initial claim will be submitted electronically through Move Buddies and then submitted to Insurance Carrier.
- For moves without valuation coverage or for Customers that need a third party processor. These claims may be handled internally or submitted to our third party processor Moving Claims.
- For property claims, one or more vendors may be required to come by and perform repairs.
- Some moves with minimum coverage may opt for “likewise” repairs by a Move Buddies Repair Specialist or third party vendor.
We look forward to processing your claim in a fair and timely manner.
Section 14904(b)(2) of Title 49 of the United States Code imposes a civil penalty of up to $2,000 for filing a false claim with a motor carrier.